Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Unlocking my Identity.

No, seriously. I need to go to the DMV and all my goddamn "important papers" are locked in my big-girl responsible-adult safe to protect them from water, fire and thieves who are too lazy to run away with a 20 pound metal-ish, slightly awkward box. To which I say, F#CK you nature/life cycles/Mother Earth/karma/insert higher power here for making me deal with my current identity crisis in such a literal way.

I woke up this morning, after nearly an hour of searching last night, and first thing I did was grab a flashlight to look around my entire apartment for two small bronze keys on a ring. One, because it was way to early for actual bright light, and two, because I have looked every single possible spot at least twice and now needed to "check the corners." I don't know why I put that in quotes either.

As I walked around on my vision quest, I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the timing. I'm at the height of my every seven to nine month cycle of extreme life questioning and yes, even, soul searching. Luckily for me, this time around it only involves my career and certain interpersonal relationships, or lack thereof, of the acquaintance/casual friend variety. Read: my inner Sally Field is screaming, "Do they like me? Does anybody really like me???" Thankfully this doesn't apply to my family, bf and close friends - they are very familiar with my brand of crazy and love me just the same. But, still, a girl, especially a TOUGH BIATCH, okay fine, big empathetic softy like me, has to wonder why my kindergarten friend-making skills are not up to par as of late.  All this going through my head. All because I lost a pair of keys.

I wish I could wrap this up by telling you I found the elusive Holy Grail and life truths revealed themselves, but I'm still keyless. With any luck, when I find those keys, a light will shine down, angels will sing and I'll find my way. Or maybe, I'll just be able to finally register my car and get my new license. And that would be pretty great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment